Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Alexa's Sesame Street Party Part 1

Our Little Boo turned 2 last week and we had a fun Sesame Street themed birthday party over the weekend. Alexa loves Sesame Street, her favorites characters are Elmo, Abby Cadabby and Ernie. I love that she enjoys everything Sesame Street, it was my favorite show growing up also.

I've written several posts about Alexa love of Sesame Street. Be sure to check out our trip to see Sesame Street Live,, this year's Halloween were Alexa was Abby Cadabby and finally my recent post about Alexa turning 2. Please take a look at them when you can.

I will be sharing Alexa's party in 3 parts - today I will share the decorations; tomorrow the food and finally I will share the various apps, websites and computer programs I used to keep my sanity through the planning process. I hope you find inspiration when planning your parties though our. Enjoy!



I created this fun back drop using plastic tablecloths. I had first used a double stick adhesive from 3M to attach it to the wall but it kept falling down. Those plastic table cloths are really slick. I finally had to use packing tape, it seemed to be the only way it would work. Alexa's banner was made with my Cricut using the Art Philosophy and the Elmo's Party cartridges. I also purchased 2 yards of Sesame Street fabric from my local JoAnn's for the food table and bright colored plastic bowls and trays from Party City.


 My favorite part of the party was the Abby Cadabby Fairy Treats table. Each guest was to take a box and fill it with candy as they left the party and eat candy throughout the day. It was a huge hit with all the guests. I had purchased the sand pails from Party City and the glass containers from various stores. I hit the clearance aisles of Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Target to find the jars at reasonable prices. In town we have a grocery store called Winco that sells lots of items in bulk including candy. I was able to purchase most of my candy for less then $2.00 a pound.  The Abby Cadabby sign is one of many signs I made for the food table. (I found out after the party that I spelled Abby's name wrong, but since everyone at the party was an adult with either no children or had children to old for Sesame Street no one seemed to notice. Thank goodness!!!)   I will be sharing the food tomorrow, so please be sure to stop by again.

Until next time,
Karri


Monday:  
Craft-o-MaticA Bowl Full of LemonsSkip to My LouThe Gunny Sack,

Tuesday:
 Lil LunaSugar Bee CraftsThe Blackberry VineToday's Creative BlogNot Just a Housewife,  Clean and ScentsibleNatural NestersCrystal & CoThe Well Crafted Home

Wednesday:
 Polkadots on ParadeFireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy TreehouseSomewhat SimpleGinger Snap CraftsPractically FunctionalDIY Crafty Projects

Thursday:
 Delightful OrderSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy SitcomMy Turn (for us)The Shabby Chic CottageThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal Girls The Mandatory Mooch

Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge LifeBlissful and DomesticChic on a ShoestringCraft Envy, Just Us Four

Saturday: 
Tatertots and JelloCraft EnvyWhile He Was NappingSix Sisters StuffJust Us FourCheerios and LattesOr so she says

Sunday:
 I Heart Naptime, Flamingo ToesBlissful and Domestic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...