Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Alexa's Sesame Street Party Part 2

It's part 2 of Alexa's 2nd birthday party. Yesterday I shared the Sesame Street decorations I used. Today I'm going to share the food I served.
Jim and I decided to make life easy and serve a variety of sandwich spreads for our guests to choose from-
Our menu included
E is for Egg Salad - Simple recipe of hard boiled eggs, Best Foods Mayonnaise and a little salt.
C is for Chicken Salad - I took frozen chicken thighs and cooked them in my crock pots and shredded it the day before the party. Our salad mixture was chicken, parsley, onion, celery and ceasar salad dressing.   
T is for Tuna Salad - my mother in law was kind enough to provide the tuna salad for the party.
H is for Ham Spread - this is from a recipe of my best friends. It's my favorite lunch item she makes. Thank you Jackie for sharing your recipe with me. One day with her permission I will share the recipe.
P is for Pasta Salad - my Mom made this and she used my Nana's Macaroni Salad recipe you can find it by clicking the link.
V is for Vegetable - Carrots, celery, cucumbers and zucchini with ranch dressing of course.
F is for Fruit - Pineapple, melons. raspberries, grape and blackberries served with mixed berry yogurt.

The drinks were simple - ice tea, sodas and juice boxes. I also made a sherbet punch and added blue Koolaid  to make it look like water and added Ernie's favorite rubber duckies.


Finally we had desserts  They were put on the main table after everyone was done eating lunch. I had Dorthy Goldfish crackers, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes and Cookie Monster's chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies.. Everyone's favorite seemed to be Oscar's dirt pudding. Each cup had a layer of chocolate pudding, and a crushed brownie. I then topped each with crushed chocolate fudge cookies. A gummy Slimy worm was added to each cup.

I had so much fun coming up with the menu for the party. I really enjoyed making up the names of the menu items for the signs I placed around the table.

Come back tomorrow to see the tools I used to help keep the party planning organized.

Until next time,
Karri


Monday:  
Craft-o-MaticA Bowl Full of LemonsSkip to My LouThe Gunny Sack,

Tuesday:
 Lil LunaSugar Bee CraftsThe Blackberry VineToday's Creative BlogNot Just a Housewife,  Clean and ScentsibleNatural NestersCrystal & CoThe Well Crafted Home

Wednesday:
 Polkadots on ParadeFireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy TreehouseSomewhat SimpleGinger Snap CraftsPractically FunctionalDIY Crafty Projects

Thursday:
 Delightful OrderSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy SitcomMy Turn (for us)The Shabby Chic CottageThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal Girls The Mandatory Mooch

Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge LifeBlissful and DomesticChic on a ShoestringCraft Envy, Just Us Four

Saturday: 
Tatertots and JelloCraft EnvyWhile He Was NappingSix Sisters StuffJust Us FourCheerios and LattesOr so she says

Sunday:
 I Heart Naptime, Flamingo ToesBlissful and Domestic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...