Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

My Mary Approach to Spring Cleaning


The Story of Mary and Martha from Luke 10:38-42
 As they continued their journey he entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. She had a sister named Mary [who] sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.”
The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”

I'm a Martha, ask anyone who knows me and they would agree. In fact when Jacob was probably 10 or 11, we were at mass when the Mary/Martha story was the gospel reading. Following the homily, Jacob turned to me and said. "You're a Martha mom." I do love being a Martha but have found that as a Martha I miss many moment that Mary would have never missed. 

Spring has now arrived and with that spring cleaning. So how does "a Martha" approach spring cleaning as "a want to be Mary" 

With a little help from some amazing women who have taken the task of planning out of my hands. I found three spring cleaning checklists that I will be using and would like to share with you:

The first comes from Heidi at Honeybear Lane - Heidi's checklist contains tasks for cleaning the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry room, basement and garage. She has also created her list in 3 fun colors. I chose the purple one.

Next was from  Anna at Ask Anna - Anna's list is a lot more detailed and includes tasks for the family room, living/dining room entry way and outside.

Finally from Sarah at Rob(i)nson - She calls this one The Ultimate Spring Cleaning Guide and Check List and boy it sure is. She covers every area of the house including the coat closet, linen closet, pet area, office and computer.

I've printed each check list on card stock for durability and will add them to my "Everything Binder" , then I will pick one section at a time and this family is going to get busy. Together!

From Proverbs 31 Ministries: Lord, Teach me to look well to the ways of my household and not be idle, knowing it is actually You I am service. In Jesus' Name; Amen

Until next time,
Karri




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...