Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our One Word for 2014

Last year I was introduced to the idea of choosing one word as my focus word for the year. I thought it was a wonderful way to keep me on task since most of the time I dropped my new years resolutions by about February. Last year my word was Joy. You can read more about here
The word joy came to me so easily I thought my word for 2014 would also. Boy was I wrong. Nothing seemed to feel right. I looked at word, after word, after word and none of them spoke to my heart as the word joy had. I was stumped - up until about 11:00 last night. 
I happened to mention to Jim that I was really having a hard time finding my word for 2014. He thought for a moment then said. "I think as a family we need to look at being content."
Content - it was perfect. Once he said it I felt so much peace, I knew this was the word. So for 2014 all of us will look for contentment in our life together as a family. 

The definition of contentment is: the state of being happy and satisfied: the state of being content.

I am very excited to begin my reflection on our word and look at how it will mold my family this year. I am even more excited that Jim and Jacob will be looking at it also. I can't wait to hear their thought's as the year progresses. For Alexa I know it will be a challenge trying to get a 3 year old to be satisfied with what she has and not seek more but I think the challenge will allow all of us to grow even more earnest with our word. 
As with last year I started my Pinterest board to help me save quotes, scripture verses and art to serve as our reminders during the year.  I would love to have you follow me and see what I find.  
Visit my Pinterest Board
Welcome 2014 - the Year of Contentment.

Until next time,
Karri

I will be sharing this post of these wonderful blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...