Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Decorating

Now that Halloween is over it's time to decorate the house for Thanksgiving. Usually I coordinate both holidays in my decorating so I have a Fall theme with some Halloween splashed in from about mid September to the day after Thanksgiving. I do take down the Halloween once it's over. This year I decided to decorate each month individually.

For my dining room table I found these fun leaf placemats at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I used my favorite vase set as always and fill them with some fall leaves and plastic fall pumpkins I purchased from the Dollar store last year.

 Every year my mantel is home to my scarecrows. I love them, they are so cute. I tend to buy a new scarecrow each year so don 't be surprised if a new friend arrives on my mantel before Thanksgiving. The leaf vine I purchased at the Dollar Store last year, my pumpkins were left over from my Halloween mantel. I had the orange pail and "Give Thanks" sign from years ago. I filled me pail with some leaves.

On my side table I have the kid's baptism pictures and their albums. I didn't want to take them down so I decorated around them. Again I used a leaf vine I purchased at the Dollar Store and I added some plastic pumpkins, ghords and Indian corn. My turkey basket took the place of the usual rectangle basket that sits on the shelf. I use the basket to store my keys, my iPod, or any of them many other little items I tend to loose on a daily basis.

This is all I will do for this year. I have a big birthday party for Alexa in a few weeks that will require a major decorating redo and I don't want putting it back to be too complicated.

How are you decorating for Fall?

Until next time,
Karri

 This post will be included in the Christian Home Magazine, a weekly e-magazine.


Linking to:
Monday:  
Craft-o-Matic, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes

Tuesday:
 Lil Luna, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife,  Clean and Scentsible, Natural Nesters, Crystal & Co

Wednesday:
 Polkadots on Parade, Fireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy Treehouse, Somewhat Simple, Ginger Snap Crafts, Practically Functional

Thursday:
 Delightful Order, Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, My Turn (for us), The Shabby Chic Cottage, The Crafty Blog Stalker, The Frugal Girls 

Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge Life, Blissful and Domestic, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Craft Envy, 

Saturday: 
Tatertots and Jello, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff, Just Us Four

Sunday:
 I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...