Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy All Saints Day

Today marks the feast of All Saints. A wonderful day where we celebrate our brothers and sisters in Christ who are in heaven celebrating . I really love hearing the stories about the Saints. It is just amazing to read what they have gone through in your lives. I'm excited to share with you my favorite Saints this month. I will feature a few today and then few more each week in November. Be sure to click on their names to discover more information about each one.
I first heard of Blessed Frassati when I went on the pilgrimage to World Youth Day in 2008. He was listed as one of the patrons of the event and his remains were at the Cathedral in Sydney. He is truly a saint for young people, in his life he was full of energy, loved nature and was also a pool shark. Yep a pool shark but what makes him different then the guy at your local pool hall was his wager was time. If he won his opponent would then join him for one hour before the Blessed Sacrament. I would loose on purpose.

My favorite of all holy men. Since he was Pope as I began my journey in my faith, he was a central part in what being a Catholic means to me. 

She is considered the Patron of Hopeless Causes and was one of the many Saints I prayed to for help with getting pregnant. Saint Rita came through with her prays for me and Jim and now we have two amazing children. 

Who are your favorite Saints? 

Be sure to visit again next week to learn more about my favorite Saints.

Until next time,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...