Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas Binder


Back in July I shared my favorite websites that help me get organized for Christmas. You can check out the post here

My Christmas Binder is now ready to keep me organized and sane this holiday season.

I purchased a red binder from the Martha Stewart Collection at Staples. I also purchased the plastic dividers from her collection. I love the durability and look of her products.  

I divided my binder into the following categories: 
Gifts: This is my master gift list which I downloaded from Organized Christmas; I also included gift idea planner for Jim, Jacob and Alexa; an envelope for receipts and previous master gifts lists so I can look back to see what we have given before. 

Entertaining: I have the Rules of a Cookie Exchange (I will host one sometime in my lifetime); several cookies recipes I would like to try and my holiday menu planner.
Card List: On the Organized Christmas website you can download a Christmas Card List that lasts for three years. This is the best list I have found on the web.
Decorating: A room by room decor planner - I like to decorate each room and certain spots around the house with a theme; I also included a to-do list of chores I would like to complete before the holidays really begin, and my decor storage inventory so I can keep track of everything we own for decorating. 
Scheduling: My final section contains schedules - I actually have two schedules - one from The FlyLady and one from Organized Christmas. I don't follow each schedule exactly but I do use each schedule to help me remember the little things that can get lost in the busy holiday shuffle. 

So bring on the Holidays because now I'm ready.

Until next time,
Karri

This post was included in the Christian Home Magazine

Monday:  
Craft-o-MaticA Bowl Full of LemonsSkip to My LouThe Gunny Sack,

Tuesday:
 Lil LunaSugar Bee CraftsThe Blackberry VineToday's Creative BlogNot Just a Housewife,  Clean and ScentsibleNatural NestersCrystal & CoThe Well Crafted Home

Wednesday:
 Polkadots on ParadeFireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy TreehouseSomewhat SimpleGinger Snap CraftsPractically Functional

Thursday:
 Delightful OrderSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy SitcomMy Turn (for us)The Shabby Chic CottageThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal Girls The Mandatory Mooch

Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge LifeBlissful and DomesticHomemaker in HeelsChic on a ShoestringCraft Envy, Just Us Four

Saturday: 
Tatertots and JelloCraft EnvyWhile He Was NappingSix Sisters StuffJust Us FourCheerios and LattesOr so she says..

Sunday:
 I Heart Naptime, Flamingo ToesBlissful and Domestic

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great organizer. I might just have to look into that site. Christmas is a super stressful time for me, so anything to make it easier would be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed . Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. P.S. I also love FlyLady - a fantastic organizing resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I will be happy to join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on through tomorrow night at ‘Or so she says …’ Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html



    I hope you can make it!

    ,

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...