Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our First Tea Party

When I was a little girl my mom and dad started a tea cup collection for me. My mother had a friend who painted tea cups so each year for my birthday and Christmas I would get a one of a kind tea cup. As I got older my mom began expanding my collection to also include tea pots. I now have a beautiful collection of both sitting in my kitchen garden window.

I find it odd that I love tea cups and tea pots so much since I rarely drink tea. I actually don't really like it unless it's a fruit tea, anything herbal I can't stand. So to have this love of tea cups, tea pots and tea parties is odd.  I also don't remember having a tea party growing up although I'm sure I did at some point. Don't all little girls?

Two year ago I found out I was to be the mom to a little girl. At first I was worried, I was truly a boy's kind of mom into sports, superheros, science fiction and video games. How was I to relate to a little girl? Of course when our little Alexa arrived I related to her right away, we are truly cut from the same cloth and my love for books, fairies, butterflies, princesses and the things pink have enveloped her also.

For Alexa's baptism she was given a beautiful Pottery Barn tea set from a friend and for the last year it has sat on her shelf waiting for the day she was big enough to use it. Last week that day came and the dream of playing tea party with my little girl came true.

Alexa caught on quickly and we enjoyed our imaginary tea. She loved pouring it into the cups and then pouring the cup back into the teapot. She would hold up her cup so I could pour her some tea and of course my favorite part.....


Was watching her drink! She would tilt her head all the way back and finish with a satisfied grin.

Thank you Lord for giving me this time to treasure with my daughter, Amen

Until next time,
Karri



Linking to:

Monday
Craft-o-Matic, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes, Inspired by Felicity, How to Nest for Less, Keeping it Simple, Between Naps on the Porch
Tuesday
Lil Luna, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night; Not Just a Housewife, Snap, Clean and Scentsible, Jillify it, Natural Nesters, Crystal & Co, I’m Topsy Turvy
Wednesday
Thursday
Delightful Order, Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, My Turn (for us), The Shabby Chic Cottage,  the therpblog, The Crafty Blog Stalker, The Frugal Girls
Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge Life, Blissful and Domestic, Sippy Cup Chronicles, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Craft Envy, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, Sassy Sites, Crafolic
Saturday
Tatertots and Jello, Sew Chatty, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff
Sunday
I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic, Nifty Thrifty Things





12 comments:

  1. That's too fun, but I'm not sure hot tea should be drank that way! Wow! That could hurt!! ;-)
    She is, too, cute! And I just love that tea set! I'll have to come over for tea someday! Personally, I drink too much hot tea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can her to sip before she has real tea. We would love to have you join us for tea!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure if it were real tea she's learn really fast!! I can bring all my little girls, they would have a ball!! ;-) Thanks for adding this to my Tea with St Anne link-up Party! God Bless!

      Delete
  2. Oh bless her cotton socks, what a cutie! I loved tea parties when I was a little girl, not sure my boys will be that interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, big brother hasn't wanted to give it a go yet, although she does have him wrapped around her little finger so I think one of these days he will be sitting at the table with her.

      Delete
  3. How sweet! I still have my little tea party set that I used when I was younger. My parents and grandparents always tell stories about how I would plan these elaborate parties in my room. Too bad I don't like tea now either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until our parties get more elaborate. I'm looking forward to feather boas and pretty hats. I know Alexa will be having a tea party birthday party in her future.

      Delete
  4. I love tea parties! My grand daughter is a great tea party participant:) You just must get big hats to wear:) You know those large hats with flowers and ribbons, it would be perfect for your little angel:) She is so precious. Thank you for sharing this special memory at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn. I'm currently on the lookout for some hats. I might just have to make them.

      Delete
  5. oh how fun! must be even more fun to know they were meant to be shared with your daughter!!! my 3 girls had a tea set and a wedding cake set...we played with that set hours and hours and hours when my daughter got married my daughters and myself kept picking the same cake (out of like 5000 cakes!!) then we remembered it was the same cake in that tea set they played with so long ago....
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    enjoy your tea time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best story and what a wonderful memory to share with your girls. I will be happy to hope over to your blog and follow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...