Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Jacob's Birthday Party

Friday night was Jacob's birthday party. He officially turns 13 next Sunday but we wanted to have his party before most of his friends went on vacations. Jacob has a friend who also turned 13 yesterday, his parents and I decided to combine the boy's parties since they were inviting the same friends.
I was given only one request from the boys - they wanted a DJ. That was easy since I have a friend who is a great DJ. I was then stuck with a theme - Jacob's parties have always centered around a theme, his favorite characters when he was young and sports as he got older. Inspiration finally hit when I found an idea of a hot dog bar on the Hostess with the Mostess website. Both Jacob and Tunde loved the idea and so the concept was born. Red, yellow and black became our colors. 



On the Hostess with the Mostess website I was able to print the signs and tent cards for the hot dog bar and drink station. Guests had the choice of several topping for their dog such as cheese, peppers, chili, tomatoes and of course the traditional mustard and ketchup.


With my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge from Close to My Heart I was able to make these star cupcake toppers. I stamped them using my CTMH Card Word Puzzle stamp set. Above the cupcake table I hung pictures of the boys growing up. I just hung some fishing line and taped each of the photos on it. 


I made the favors using my Cricut again. The french fry boxes are also on the Art Philosophy cartridge. Each box was filled with candy then attached to a Powerade drink using foam tape. 

We cleared all the furniture from our living room for dancing. We had a group playing basketball outside, and a group enjoying the music. I was able to take a few pictures of the party before Jacob pulled me aside and asked me to stop. My mom says this was pay back for all the times I wouldn't let her take pictures when I was in Jr. High. I kind of regret being so stubborn back then so as long as I have a camera phone I'm going to sneak as many pictures as I can.

Until next time,
Karri





Linking to these great blogs:


Monday
Craft-o-Matic, ABowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes, Inspired by Felicity, How to Nest for Less, Keeping it Simple
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge Life, Blissful and Domestic, Sippy Cup Chronicles, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Craft Envy, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, Sassy Sites
Saturday
Tatertots andJello, Sew Chatty, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff
Sunday
I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic, Nifty Thrifty Things
 




14 comments:

  1. Karri -- Great job! I see all your creativity put to work here!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, it was really fun to make everything.

      Delete
  2. what an awesome party!! happy birthday to Jacob!! beautiful color theme, and love all the extras you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gardenia - the boys had asked for red and black. I added the yellow to make everything pop. I think it turned out well.

      Delete
  3. What a GREAT party! I hope you will come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share it with us. Thanks, I hope to see you there!
    ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=30803

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme! Your favors and table look fantastic and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I had fun putting it all together.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I really do love this. And the little baskety things on the powerade bottles and...

    Aloha,
    Following ya now from MyTurnForUs.com. We're riding the wave of life at localsugarhawaii.com and I'd love it if you'd join us for the sweet ride.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Nicole - I'm now following you on Facebook and Twitter now, looking forward to the wave of life.

      Delete
  6. Great fun! I love themed parties and I miss them now the kiddos are grown. (I guess I should just throw a themed party for myself some day) What a perfect idea for a young man's party; a DJ, hotdogs and basketball. Perfect. And it was masculine and grown up for the boys:) Thank you for sharing the fun at Freedom Fridays. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn, the kids did have a great time. I think you should throw yourself a themed party. I'd like to throw a Harry Potter one for myself.

      Delete
  7. What a lucky kid. Looks like a great party! Thanks so very much for sharing on Show and Tell Wednesday at SNAP! I appreciate your linking up.

    xoxo, Tauni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome Tauni. Hope you can stay a while and look around. Enjoy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...