Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Frap attack part 1

Last week Starbucks was having a Happy Hour where all Frappuccino's were half off from 3 pm to 5 pm. Jacob and I went everyday last week to get his usual Double Chocolaty Chip with no whip cream. My usual is a Mocha Lite Frap but they just brought back the Mocha Coconut for this season so that's the one I had all week. Of my goodness it's so yummy.
Now our week of Vente Frappuccino's after school are over and Jacob and I are having serious withdrawal. We have both been very cranky after school.. Snapping at each other and at Jim. Jacob can't concentrate on his homework, basketball practice has suffered, all I want to do is sleep in the afternoon. It's awful. Actually I'm really exaggerating except for probably the sleeping in the afternoon part. I want to do that even when I have a Frappuccino. We are missing them so we have decided to start making our own. I of course googled for a recipe and several websites came up, all having the same ingredients with just a slight variations on the amount. Today we made Jacob's Double Chocolaty Chip.

1 cup milk (we used 1%)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (most recipes call for 1/3 but Jacob wanted more)
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoon of Chocolate syrup. (we used Hershey's Syrup and I put alot more the 3 Tablespoons. I just poured a whole lot in the blender)
2 cups ice
1/8 Teaspoon vanilla
Blend until desired consistancy.

Jacob really liked it although he felt the chocolate tasted different then at Starbucks. Next time I go I'm going to see what brand they use. I will also try it with whole milk and see if that makes a difference. Tomorrow I will make mine! I even bought coconut to sprinkle on top! Yum!

Until next time,
Karri 

Linking to:









Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I'm not usually a Frap girl but I tried the cookie one during the Happy Hour promo and was hooked! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...