Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let them eat Spinach

I'm not a huge spinach fan. Unless of course you hand me a bowl of spinach dip, then I'm a huge fan. It's really a texture thing for me more then a taste thing.  I just find fresh spinach a little hard to chew. All that being said my family and I absolutely love this Spinach Salad and the secret to this salad makes it a texture I can enjoy.


We have played with the ingredients over time but two remain the same - strawberries and spinach.
This time I used feta cheese and almonds but in the past I've used blue cheese and walnuts. Since I was bringing this salad to Alexa's daycare for Teacher Appreciation Day I chose to keep the almonds and cheese on the side just in case one of the teachers had a nut allergy or didn't like the cheese.
The dressing we perfer to use is Brianna's Home Style Blush Wine Vinaigette. This is the dressing with a strawberry on the front. Unfortunally the grocery store was out so I had to substitute. This is not a problem because any raspberry dressing taste delicious.
The secret to this salad is heating up the dressing for a few seconds before drizzling it on your salad. The heat from the dressing is just enough to soften the spinach. Perfect for a picky eater like me.
How would you dress up this salad. I've love to hear your ideas. Enjoy


Until next time,
Karri
This post is featured in The Christian Home Magazine

linking to

Salad Social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...