Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Feast of St. Valentine. Click on the link to learn more about this wonderful Saint.

Valentines Day hasn't quite worked out for us as we had planned. Alexa was supposed to bring her Valentine treats to her friends at daycare but couldn't because she came home yesterday with a fever. One great thing about being only 15 month she has no idea she is missing a party today, thank goodness.  I am happy to report that after a visit with the pediatrician this morning she is hitting the back end of her cold and should be able to go back to daycare tomorrow. So we will celebrate a day late and I can actually go to work this week. 
Jacob's has his first valentine. (I know I'm going to be in such trouble for this but I think it's cute). Jim & I have not met her yet but hope to soon. I have met her mother and big sister (Big Sis is in Confirmation) and they are very nice. I'm also confident that Jacob is a great judge of character  So I took Jacob out to buy this young lady a present the other day. That was weird I must admit. It really knocked me with the reality that my kid is growing up. While shopping I kept my mouth shut most of the time and allowed the salesgirl to help him, he picked out a pretty necklace and a t-shirt with a zebra print heart on it. Apparently she likes zebra print. (That's a plus in my book. I love animal prints)
Jacob wanted to wrap the gift himself so I left him alone to do that. I figured there is no way that part can get messed up. So I drop Jacob off to school this morning and as I'm headed back home a thought strikes me. "Did he take the price tags off the gifts?" I know I never reminded him to do it. I panicked because I didn't want his first official Valentine's Day ruined because he left the tags on. So I frantically called a friend who I hoped could intercept him before he presented his gift to the lucky lady. Unfortunately my friend had already dropped her son off at school and was headed back home. Really this was a time I wish the school allowed cell phones. My friend was going to be back at the school later that morning so she was going to check on him for me, plus bring him some lunch money because I forgot to give it to him. Well about an hour ago I received a text from my friend saying that Jacob was set for lunch and that he did remember to take off the price tags. I guess my kid pays attention and watch me after all. 
Well there is still more to come today, Jim and I will be exchanging our homemade gifts tonight. I'm so excited to see what he made me. But first we have Jacob's 1st playoff game for basketball. 
I hope your Valentines is as memorable as our's is turning out to be. 
As a treat here is a Prayer to St. Valentine. 
A PRAYER TO ST. VALENTINE
Dear Saint and glorious martyr; Teach us to love unselfishly and to find great joy in giving. Enable all true lovers to bring out the best in each other in God and in God in each other.
LOVE
Love is Patient and Kind,
It doesn't envy or Boast and it's never proud,
Love is not rude or selfish,
It doesn't get angry easily or keep track of wrongs.
Love doesn't delight in bad things
But it rejoices in the truth.
Love always protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres.
Love never fails.
--- St. Paul to the Corinthians

Don't forget to check out the Catholic Blogger Network giveaway. There are lots of great prizes to be given away. 

Until next time,
Karri
    



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Valentine's Day. I have a 12 year old daughter, but no gifts from boys yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get prepared. It happened sooner then I expected. Thanks for checking out my blog and for the nice comment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...