Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

Today I celebrated my 41st birthday. It's hard to believe I'm 41, there are days I feel much younger and then there are days I feel much older. Really I'm not sure what 41 is supposed to feel like.
What's interesting is that this post has been the most difficult for me to complete. I'm not sure why, but I've been writing then deleting, then writing then deleting. For some strange reason I can't seem to put my feelings about today in print.
Please don't take this the wrong way. I have had a wonderful day with my family and I'm not at all upset about being over 40. Today has been all that I wanted it to be. God has truly blessed me with an amazing family and friends and I am so looking forward to 41 being a depression free year or at least a depression managed year.
So for the 1st day of my 41st year, I had my mother color my hair so no more gray - yea; Jim made me hash browns from real potatoes, not out of a bag - yum; we watched Jacob's basketball game which they lost - bummer; had dinner with my parents and they paid - all right; and now I'm sitting here writing to all of you. It's a perfect day.

I now have another 40 something years to plan so let's start my bucket list:

The top 5 places I want to visit:
1. The Vatican
2. London
3. Moscow
4. Lourdes
5. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando

The top 5 activities I want to do:
1. Renew my wedding vows
2. Watch my kids graduate college
3. Swim with dolphins
4. Fly 1st class - on a long flight
5. Sit behind the plate at a SF Giants game

Things I need to finish
1. My scrapbooks - I'm about 5 years behind
2. Decluttering my house
3. Landscape the backyard
(there is really a ton more stuff but I was getting overwhelmed thinking about it.)

and finally the 5 things I will continually thank God for everyday for the next 40 + years
1. His love
2. His Son
3. Our Blessed Mother
4. My husband and children
5. My family and friends

My life is certainly a treasure to cherish. Thank you Lord for this amazing life.

Until next time,
Karri

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Karri! Oh to be 41 again :) hehee..I've a ten year gain on that one now. Thanks for your reflections - have a great Sunday!
    Blessings
    Denise in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. You have a wonderful Sunday also.

      Delete
  2. Karri:

    I'm glad you had a great birthday! You are a treasure to many people so don't forget that! May you continue to feel God's blessings all around you.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, you are so sweet. I'm so blessed that we are friends.

      Delete
  3. Karri, happy 41 !~! what a beautiful number to be. I've been there and it was a long time ago ;)
    This is a wonderful list, and I love your last gratefulness list. it's good to put these things in writing so we have a blue print going forward ! I need to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Let's hope I get to cross those goals off my list.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...