For our first adventure of the year we planned on walking across the Golden Gate Bridge. We thought it would be a great way for us and our dog Penny to get some fresh air and a little exercise. Well luckily earlier in the week I had gone on the bridge website and found out that dogs are not allowed on the bridge. It was such a bummer since we wanted to include Penny, so Jim came up with the idea of visiting Golden Gate Park instead. I'm so happy I married a smart man because it was a great idea. Turns out today was a beautiful day in San Francisco.
We had two main attractions we wanted to see, the Children's Playground and the Bison Paddock. Of course they are on opposite ends of the park so by the end of the day I'm proud to say we walked around the entire park. We are all exhausted except Alexa who rode in the stroller most of the time.
Alexa enjoyed playing in the Children's Park, we enjoyed watching her have fun.
Alexa's first carousel ride, big brother Jake made sure she didn't fall.
1. Bring cash, unless you are visiting the De Young Museum or the Academy of Science where they have cafe's every food vendor in the park only takes cash.
2. If you find a parking spot, take it, there might not be another one.
3. If you want to walk from one end of the park to the other, take the JFK side. Through part of your walk you will see some beautiful waterfalls.
4. Lawn bowling is not the same as bocce ball and the lawn bowlers get offended if you confuse the two.
5. and finally kickball is now played with a beer. Yes beer! We watched two games where the players field and run the bases holding a beer in one hand. It was hilarious to watch and one game even had a beer keg at 2nd base.
Penny needed to be on a leash most of our time in the park, but we did get a chance to enjoy one of the many dog run's.
One great things about making goals is our opportunity to achieve them. Family time is a goal I am very happy to accomplish.
Until next time,