Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Passport to Paradise Auction

This month our church hosted their annual dinner auction. Proceeds of the auction benefit youth and young adult ministry, religious education programs and our school. 
Since I'm the coordinator of youth and young adult ministry I have a very active role in this event. Each year I am honored to be in charge of decorating. I love throwing parties especially theme parties so this is right up my alley. 

Over the years we have hosted a Mardi Gras night, a western event, back to the 50's, St. Patrick's Day, Hollywood, medival times and last year was Disney.
This year's theme was Passport to Paradise. 

An overview of the room 

We had two sets of tables - the long rectangle for general seating and the round for premium seating. Premium seating included table linens, real plates and silverware and each table had their own server. 

My Mom with the help of some awesome parents volunteers created all the table centerpieces. Thanks Mom! 


The centerpieces on the premium tables each had a beautiful tropical flower. 

Here is a closeup of the centerpieces from the other tables

In addition to the amazing items for auction we always have a secret gift table. Guests could pay $10.00 and pick an umbrella. Each umbrella has a number attached to it that matches a gift on the table. Each gift is valued at $10 or more. The main draw is always a beautiful piece of jewelry that you can win. 

I have to say this is my favorite . I just loved my hula trash cans.

I found this fun Keep Calm sign at  The Keep Calm-o-matic   it fit nicely with this display at the bar.


I think the night turned out wonderful and several children, teens and young adults are going to reap the benefits. 
I am so looking forward to our auction next. I will truly get to play with decorating on this one. Our theme is Vintage Circus. 

Until next time, 
Karri

076084c3b7cbbfaaedc3b2aacbd38ebc52ed84d1d3a9560e47

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...