Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

My Word for the Year!

Joy
Noun: A feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
A thing that causes joy.
Synonyms: delight - gladness - pleasure - mirth - rejoicing

This is the word I am using to live out my year. The word that God has placed into my heart to bring me closer to him. 

The search for a perfect word began in mid January when my friend and co-worker introduced me to the book One Perfect Word by Debbie Macomber. This was the book we were going to base our annual Lenten Ladies Retreat on. 


Since I was going to be one of the speakers at the retreat it was important I had my word before the retreat so I could live with my word for a while and share my experience. My word actually came very quickly but I found I was second guessing it because I wasn't sure if this was "my" choice word or God's. You see God begins in a quite whisper, I'd see the word "joy" in a book or in piece of art work. Each time I would feel a slight pull toward it always wondering is this me or God. God decided to speak a bit louder since I wasn't convinced. I attended a lay minister meeting and was quite surprise when Bishop Burnett spoke of joy in his message to us then a few days later I took a group of Confirmation students on a retreat and the priest spoke about joy to the teens. He even included quotes about joy from my two favorite saints to be - Blessed Mother Teresa and John Paul II. By this time I realized this has to be my word - Joy. I've embraced this word in everything I do including every decision I make and I have found some fun ways to play around with my word. 
I created a Pinterest board and have found so many beautiful "Joy" quotes I plan to add to my journal. 



Follow my Pinterest board - Joy

I've been creative ......
I made the fun bottle cap necklace at the Scrapbook Expo a few weeks ago. 

I've received gifts as beautiful reminders of this journey......
For Easter my friend gave me this beautiful frame and this wonderful quote about joy.

This year has already had a few ups and down but keeping the word "joy" in focus has really helped me to keep positive when I hit the bumps and cherish the highs when they come my way. 

More joyful posts will be coming during the year so be sure to subscribe so you don't miss any of them. 

May God bless you with a word to live out your year. 

Until next time,
Karri

9 comments:

  1. 'I had my word before the retreat so I could live with my word for a while and share my experience'. This is powerful. I feel it is important that we experience and know before we can effectively share and teach. Great post, Kari. By the way, I found you on the Facebook page for the UBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I love the word "joy"! It's even in the tag line for my blog. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Carrie, thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blog. Joy is a wonderful word/energy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. God gave me a word for the year, too. It has helped me so much to see his hand in what is happening in my life this year. I think I'll borrow your word, too. Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go right ahead. I agree God's hand is so present in everything.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this at my say G'day Saturday party. You are so right-Joy is a brilliant word!

    If you have a moment to stop by my blog for this week's party I'm inviting my pinning blogger friends to pin to my Mother's Day group board. I'd be thrilled if you could join in!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...