Saturday, October 27, 2012
Alternative Uses for White Distilled Vinegar
Last week I shared my list of Alternative Uses for Baking Soda, if you missed it please check it out here. This week I'd like to share another list this time with white distilled vinegar. I use vinegar in many of my home cleaner recipes but I knew I was not even close to utilizing this great ingredient. I found my tips from the website Vinegar Tips.
They list 1001 uses for vinegar. I'm sharing my top 10. Enjoy!
1. Clean your microwave: Mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1/2 cup water. Heat in microwave to a rolling boil. All stuck on food will loosen up and you will get rid of any odors.
2. Place 1 cup of vinegar inside your empty dishwasher and run a whole cycle each month to get rid of soap buildup and odor.
3. If your plastic food containers are stained and smelly wipe them with a damp cloth of vinegar.
4. Need to remove a label and you are out of Goo Gone. You will have nothing to worry about as long as you have vinegar. Take a vinegar soaked cloth and place it on the label and soak it overnight.
5. Clean and disinfect your baby's toys by adding vinegar to your soapy water.
6. Spaghetti, barbecue and ketchup stains can be removed with vinegar and water
7. Do you want cleaner laundry? If so add 1/4 cup of vinegar to your last rinse.
8. Your nail polish will last longer if you wipe your finger nails with vinegar before applying nail polish.
9. Vinegar will tenderize meat. Add it to your marinades or your slow cooker.
10. Your pasta will be less sticky and starchy if you add a dash of vinegar to the water as you cook it.
Be sure to check out Vinegar Tips to find even more great ideas and please share your alternative uses for white distilled vinegar.
Until next time,
This post will be included in the Christian Home Magazine
Craft-o-Matic, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes
Lil Luna, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife, Clean and Scentsible, Natural Nesters, Crystal & Co
Polkadots on Parade, Fireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy Treehouse, Somewhat Simple, Ginger Snap Crafts, Practically Functional
Delightful Order, Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, My Turn (for us), The Shabby Chic Cottage, The Crafty Blog Stalker, The Frugal Girls
It’s a Hodgepodge Life, Blissful and Domestic, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Craft Envy,
Tatertots and Jello, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff, Just Us Four
I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic,