Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Hubby's Yummy Guacamole



I have never been shy about my husband's cooking. I'm the recipe follower, he's the open the pantry and make magic happen type of cook. This is both and blessing and a curse. A blessing because I'm not starving and a curse because I'm not starving. His food is so delicious.

Today I'd like to share his Yummy Guacamole, perfect for avocado season.

Add avocados, chopped onion, juice of a half of lemon, chopped tomatoes and salt into a mixing bowl.

Add hot sauce and mayo to your desired taste and consistency, we like ours creamy so Jim uses a lot of mayo, then blend. Jim uses his hand mixer, if you don't have one a food processor or your blender will work.


Until next time,
Karri









Linking to:
Monday:  
Craft-o-MaticA Bowl Full of LemonsThe Gunny Sack,  Inspired by FelicityHow to Nest for Less, Keeping it Simple, Between Naps on the Porch 


Tuesday:
 Lil LunaSugar Bee CraftsThe Blackberry VineToday's Creative BlogMommy by Day, Crafter by NightNot Just a Housewife, Clean and Scentsible, Natural Nesters, Crystal & Co



Wednesday:
 Polkadots on Parade, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Gluesticks, The Trendy Treehouse, Somewhat Simple, Ginger Snap Crafts


Thursday:
 Delightful OrderSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy SitcomMy Turn (for us)The Shabby Chic Cottage, the therpblog, The Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal Girls 


Friday
: It’s a Hodgepodge LifeBlissful and DomesticSippy Cup Chronicles, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Craft Envy, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, Sassy Sites





5 comments:

  1. My Husband makes guacamole at our house too! In fact, we had it tonight. His is the only guacamole that I ever eat because all others pale in comparison.....and somehow, things that I don't have to make just taste so much better! Thank God for Husbands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husbands are the best. I only like Jim's guacamole also. Jim is also a great self taught bartender and there are a few drinks he makes that I can never get to taste as well as he makes.

      Delete
  2. Yum! Thank you for sharing, Karri!

    Guacamole is one of my favorite foods! It is so good for you.

    News note: I know a lady who gets serious headaches that avocados stop! When we're at restaurants, she'll ask for extra avocado slices and whoosh end of headache.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, that is great to know. I get headaches a lot. I'm going to try this. Thank you so much for the tip.

      Delete
  3. I saw a recipe years ago using mayo but I lost it, it was wonderful. Yea!! I am planning on trying this, I love reasons to eat guacamole:) Oh yes, I love it when a man can cook:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...