The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less the 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. I am so honored that Barb thought of me and my blog for this award.
Now apparently since I'm nominated I get to share 5 random facts about myself so here goes.
1. When I was in college, I sang in my college choir and was very lucky to have the opportunity to sing at Carnegie Hall in New York. It was an amazing experience which I unfortunately didn't appreciate until after I was home. The following Christmas Jim had bought me a book about Carnegie Hall. When I looked at all the pictures of the wonderful entertainers who had graced that stage over the past 100 of years I realized what an opportunity it was to have been on that stage also.
2. The best Christmas gift I have ever been given is my Barnes & Noble Nook Color by my awesome hubby. I love books and my Nook goes with me everywhere. It is wonderful being able to bring my entire reading collection where ever I go.
3. I am fascinated with the lives of The Saints. They prove to me that God uses everyone to show his love for the world. My favorite Saint is St. Rita. She has an amazing story and my favorite soon to be Saint is Pope John Paul II.
4. I still have the Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear my grandmother gave me the day I was born. He's very worn and missing his nose but I still cherish him very much.
5. I have a healthy obsession with Harry Potter. I've read the series several times and seriously entered a time of depression when I was finished with the last book. I moped around for days knowing that the series was over. It was like losing my friends. Jim and Jacob think I'm weird that I can get so involved in a book.
Now it's my turn to nominate 5 blogs for the Liebster Award. Here are the rules for the blogs I have chosen.
1. Post about your win on you blog
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and follow their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog.)
4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserves to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
6. Please share 5 random facts about yourself.
The Blogs I Nominate are: (In no particular order)
1. Gardenia at My Little Flower
2. Leigh and Jeanette at Crafty in Crosby
3. Hilda at From Overwhelmed to Organized
4. Julie at I Create Purty Thangs
5. Mary at Back to Basics
Until next time,