Well this has been a great week for me and my blog. Earlier I announced that I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award from Barb who has a blog titled Second Chance to Dream.
Jennifer from Crafolic has given me The Versatile Blogger Award. Jennifer has been a wonderful supporter of mine from the very beginning of my blog. She has been so generous of her time and created my beautiful blog button. Thank you Jennifer for this great honor.
This award has some rules also:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
5. Finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I have a lot of blog I follow and love. In fact many of the blogs Jennifer listed as her 15 are ones I would have listed also. I also got to honor 5 blog with the Liebster blog so I think I'm going to share the wealth and pick 15 new blogs to share.
Here they are in no particular order.
1. The Sew*er, The Caker, The Copy Cat Maker
2. Becoming Martha
3. House Unseen, Life Unscripted
4. American Mom in England
5. Faith in Small Things
6. For Love of Cupcakes
7. Small Things with Love
8. Repeat Crafter Me
9. Second Chance to Dream
10. While Wearing Heels
11. Two Succulent Sisters
12. Laughter and Grace
13. Joy Filled Family
14. Waltzing Matilda
15. Inspired by Felicity
Now for seven new things about me.
1. In high school I drove a 1968 Red Mustang. Because I'm only 4 ft 11 in I had to sit on a pillow to see over the steering wheel.
2. There are two stores I could spend hours in, one is Barnes and Noble. That one is pretty easy since there are so many books to explore. The other store is Staples. I know it's weird but I love office supplies. I can never pass up fancy pens, pencils, binder clips, notebooks, and post-it notes.
3. Tulips are my favorite flower. I prefer them over roses any day.
4. I have always wanted a house with a porch. A wrap around porch would be the best. I currently live in a house with no porch but if we were to ever buy another that's one of the things we will be looking for.
5. I don't know how to swim and I have a extreme fear of drowning. When I'm on a pier that does not have a railing I need to walk in the center never going near the edge and every time I drive on a bridge I need to be in the inside lane. I get very nervous if I'm driving near the edge. This fear however does not change my love for ocean animals and vacationing in tropical areas or taking a cruise.
6. Jim and I met while we both worked for the park and rec department as softball scorekeepers. Because of this baseball and softball have always been very special to us. We have often talked about how fun it would be to renew our wedding vows at AT & T Park. Home of the SF Giants, our favorite team.
7. The number one question I'm asked when people see I have children who are 11 years apart is did we get help to conceive our daughter referring to artificial ways to have a child. I'm always proud to say yes, from all our friends and family who prayed for us everyday. She is our little miracle and I love to share our story to help other families from ever giving up hope.
Thanks again Jennifer for this wonderful honor.
Until next time,