Before I begin sharing my Summer cleaning tips, I would like to remind everyone of my Homemade Father's Day Link Party. If you have any wonderful Father's Day DIY gifts to share this is the place. Just click the title link to share and enjoy.
Many of you have probably been doing your fair share of Spring cleaning by now and your homes are sparkling on the inside. Summer is the perfect time to work on the outside. Here is my list of Summer cleaning projects.
1. Clean those windows. If you have a lot of Windows or if you have high windows you might want to buy a cleaner that attaches to your hose. According to Jim that's much eaiser. Pull off the screens and clean them with soapy water and allow them to dry in the sun.
2. Pull out your outdoor furniture, inspect it and clean it with soapy water. We just place it on the lawn and wash it like we would wash the car. If you find it needs a little TLC, sometimes a new coat of spray paint does wonders.
3. Inspect your outdoor play equipment. Make sure all screws are tightened and if you have a wooden one like we do, sand away any rough spots.
4. Take a look at your door mats. Chances are the winter weather has given them a beating. We always like to get a new ones at the start of summer.
5. Finally we have a few filters we like to change out as the seasons change. The filter for our fridge water system, our Tassimo coffee maker and the intake filter for our air conditioner will be replaced.
So there you have it a short and simple cleaning list for summer. Summer is about sun and fun not heavy duty cleaning.
Until next time, Karri
Featured in The Christian Home Magazine
I Heart Naptime, Flamino Toes, Blissful and Domestic, Nifty Thrifty Things,