Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Frap Attack Part 2


Those who know me well, know that I am addicted to coffee. Starbucks Frappuccinos to be exact. In my Frap Attack Part 1 post I shared my recipe for Jacob's favorite a Double Chocolaty Chip Frap. Lately I've been working on my own favorites, Mocha Coconut and Mocha Frap. I am happy to share probably the easiest recipe I could come up with. The trick is to use International Delights Iced Coffee. I had been reading about this coffee on several blogs so I thought I would give it a try. I love it! Even just poured over ice it's the perfect drink to start my day, be my mid morning snack, accompany lunch, and to enjoy after work. 


The first Frap I made was a Vanilla Mocha. I filled my Starbucks "grande" cup 1/2 full with ice, then filled  it up with Vanilla Iced Coffee. I dumped the contents in my blender and poured in Hershey Syrup. No measurement, I just poured. Then I hit blend and enjoyed. The whole process took just a few minutes. 


My 2nd Frap was a Mocha Coconut. For this I used the Mocha flavored iced coffee. I also choose to use coconut drink rather then coconut syrup. I wanted to try to up the nutritional value of my drink. So again I filled my cup 1/2 full with ice, then I used about 2/3 coffee and a little less them 1/3 coconut drink. For a strong coconut taste you will need to add more coconut drink. Throw it in the blender, blend and enjoy. This also took very little time to make. Actually cleaning the blender probably took longer. 

Now I'm not going to say these are perfect Starbucks knockoffs. Starbucks has a secret that I'm still trying to find. These drinks are a fun, tasty and of course economical way to enjoy a daily treat. I hope you enjoy these recipes and feel free to share your favorite Frap recipes.

Until next time,
Karri, 

Craft-o-Matic, ABowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes, How to Nest for Less, Keeping it Simple, Between Naps onthe PorchLil Luna, Sugar BeeCrafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Mommy by Day, Crafter byNight; Not Just a Housewife, Snap, Clean and Scentsible, Jillify it, NaturalNesters, Crystal & Co, I’m Topsy Turvy, Polkadots on Parade, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Gluesticks,  The Trendy Treehouse, Somewhat Simple, Ginger Snap Crafts, Night Owl Crafting, Delightful Order, Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, My Turn (for us), The Shabby Chic Cottage,  the therpblog, The Frugal Girls, Homemaker in Heels, Chic on a Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, Sassy Sites, Sew Chatty, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Nifty Thrifty Things

14 comments:

  1. Yum. you know i have never seen those Delights before, or the coconut fdream. I love mocha and coconut! I wonder if the StarBucks secret is maybe cinnamon. their drinks seem to have a little cinnamon taste to them, or maybe it's nutmeg. thanks for the recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right, I think I'll add a pinch next time and see what happens.

      Delete
  2. These sound good. I haven't been able to drink iced coffee yet though for some reason. I always expect it to be hot, even when there is ice in the cup... weird I know. LOL. Stopping by from the Weekend Wander. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not weird. I can only drink it from a straw.

      Delete
  3. Wow! A kindred spirit! I love all things coffee. I just have to try these to curb my attack:) Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Have a super terrific (and lots of coffee) Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is perfect for curbing the attack because it's right in your fridge and cost much less then going to Starbucks.

      Delete
  4. OOOH THE KID IS GOING TO LOVE THESE!! THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THE LINK!! I'M YOUR NEWEST FOLLOWER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO MISS ANY OF THESE LITTLE GEMS IN THE FUTURE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Deanne. I'm so glad you liked it. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh they are. I'll be surprised if my blender makes it through the summer.

      Delete
  6. These sound great! I hope to try them out soon. Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, please let me know what you think.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We'll see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...