Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Fun with Campbell's

I made the best purchase ever while on a recent shopping trip to Barnes and Noble. This caught my eye the minute I walked in the door and I couldn't pass it up. And check out the bargain price only $9.98.

Yes it's another Campbell's cookbook. Hey this is not just any cookbook - this is three cookbooks in one and these are three cookbooks I didn't already have. I call this a dream come true for this struggling gourmet. 

My first dinner from my new cookbook was Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie - Oh my gosh! It was so yummy and so simple, all you need is:

1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. (You can use regular or 98% fat free.)
1 can (8 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey (I used chicken)
1 pkg (81/2 oz) corn muffin or corn bread mix
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Stir the soup, corn and chicken in a 9 inch pie plate.
Stir muffin mix, milk and egg with a fork in a small bowl until the ingredients are mixed.
Spoon over chicken mixture
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cornbread is golden. Sprinkle with the cheese and enjoy.

I found so many great recipes to try I'm planning to stock up next time Campbell's soup goes on sale. I'm accepting coupons to help start my stock pile. Wink! Wink!

In our home, Jim is the better cook hands down. He can just open the freezer, check out the fridge and pantry and come up with the most amazing dinner. I on the other hand need all the help I can get which is why my Campbell's cookbooks our my favorite kitchen treasure. 

Until next time
Karri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...