Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous Mom's out there.

Enjoy some quotes about motherhood

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
― Milton Berle

"I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love & duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting & challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring to it.”
― Rose Kennedy

“Have you any idea how many children it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen Three. It takes one to say What light and two more to say I didn't turn it on.”
― Erma Bombeck

“Most of us love a non-self, or something extrinsic and apart from our inner life; but a mother's love during the time she is a flesh-and-blood ciborium is not for a non-self but for one that is her very self, a perfect example of charity and love which hardly perceives a separation. Motherhood then becomes a kind of priesthood. She brings God to man by preparing the flesh in which the soul will be implanted; she brings man to God in offering the child back again to the Creator.”
― Fulton J. Sheen, Life Is Worth Living

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~Abraham Lincoln
Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
~Ann Taylor


Prayer of Saint Aloysius to the Blessed Mother: O holy Mary, my Mistress, into thy blessed trust and special blessing, into the bosom of thy tender mercy, this day, every day of my life and at the hour of my death, I commend my soul and body; to thee I entrust all my hopes and consolations, all my trials and miseries, my life and the end of my life, that through thy most holy intercession and thy merits, all my actions may be ordered and disposed according to thy will and that of thy divine Son. Amen

Have a wonderful Mother's Day

Until next time,
Karri

1 comment:

  1. Love the quotes you chose for this Mother's Day post. I hope you had a blessed Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...