Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

Next month Jacob turns 13 so it's time for him to have a bedroom fit for a teenager not a little kid. Here is what his room looks like now. I had thought about having him clean it before I took pictures, but I decided to keep it real. Who would believe a 12 year old keeps his room clean?




Jacob is a collector of stuff. Lot's of stuff. Part of this makeover will include a huge purging of everything. Hopefully more will be given away then gets put back in the room.
Tomorrow for Family Fun Day we are headed to Ikea. I'm very excited since I have never been there before. You might want to follow me on instagram at mommareiser, I'm sure I will be taking lots of photos of amazing furniture and storage solution. Our plan is to purchase a new bed, mattress and dresser for Jacob. It will not be a surprise if we come home with more then just that. We are purchasing a queen size bed for Jacob so we will also be needing to purchase new bedding. Since he would like to use the colors of the Golden State Warriors (his favorite basketball team) we will be keeping his walls blue. Thank goodness because I really don't want to paint this weekend.
It's an understatement to say Jacob is very excited about tomorrow. I imagine we will be up early and at the store when the doors open at 10:00. Looking forward to sharing with all of you the finished room.

Until next time,
Kari

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...