Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My New Smile and a Smoothie Recipe

So here is how I looked this morning:

Here is how I looked this afternoon
How do you like my shiny new smile?

To be honest with you, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Every time I look in the mirror all I see is silver. I need to get used to it because this will be my smile for the next two years. Hopefully when all this is done the severe headaches I've been getting will be minimal or better yet gone for good. If not at least my teeth will be straight, and according to my orthodontist I won't have any wrinkles around my mouth. 
In honor of the fact that I currently can not eat any solid food I thought I'd share my favorite smoothie recipe. It's called Heavenly Hawaiian and I found it in a recipe book titled Ultimate Smoothie by Donna Pliner Rodnitzky

3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 cup sliced banana
1 cup diced pineapple
3/4 cup raspberries
1 cup vanilla low fat yogurt
Place everything in a blender and mix on low until blended. Continue mixing, gradually increasing speed until your smoothie is smooth. Pour and enjoy!

Until next time,
Karri



Linked to:


Somewhat Simple ”Photobucket”

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the grill! Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouchy! hang in there; i think the first couple days will be a little painful, but you'll get used to them before you know it! thanks for the smoothie recipe. i do love pineapple and raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SO good! I am definitely going to try it. I'm sorry that you are so sore and hope that it gets a bit better everyday. I remember the discomfort all too well. :-( Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The braces look natural on you! You can expect a dull kind of pain the first few days after getting the braces on because your teeth are just getting used to them. As time goes by, the pain lessens considerably, which means, by now, you probably don’t even notice they’re there! Anyway, thanks for the recipe for the smoothies! It’s a great treat to ease the pain, but it’s also great to have one for no reason at all!


    @Landen Worley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...