Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our Lenten Journey Has Begun

Our Lenten season always begins at the Ash Wednesday Prayer Service held in the gym at our parish. We attend every year with the teens from our Junior High Ministry and our Confirmation classes. This is also the day those in RCIA sign the Book of the Elect. Last year Jim and I were companions so we got to sign the book also as witnesses.  I love watching these men and women who are so excited to be getting closer to being initiated in the church.

Our Lent is off to a great start. I was able to get some much needed prayer time in today, Jacob and I avoided Starbucks, Jim went the whole day without chocolate and all of us remembered to not eat meat.
1 down 40 more to go!
We hope your Lenten journey brings you closer to Christ. God Bless!

Until next time,
Karri

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog while searching for handprint lenten crafts for my little guy and you've got great ideas! I can't wait to keep reading as your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm so happy to have a new follower. Feel free to comment often.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...