Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

More then a Soup

Early in my married life I came across a small cookbook at the grocery store written by the Campbell Soup Company. It was titled "Homemade Meals in 20 Minutes." This small cookbook which I probably only paid a couple of dollars for has become my favorite resource for feeding my family. (I couldn't find a picture of the book I have, I think this is a newer version.)

This week I'd like to share with you one of our favorites:  Beef Taco Skillet
You will need:
1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 cup chunky salsa
1/2 cup water
8 flour or corn tortillas (6"), cut into 1" pieces (I have always used corn tortillas)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Cook beef in skillet until brown, Drain fat
Add soup, salsa, water, tortillas and 1/2 the cheese. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until hot. Top with remaining cheese and serve. This is ready within 20 minutes and serve four. Add a salad and you've got dinner.
Jacob snapped some pictures of our finished meal:


If you would like to see more great meals using Campbell's Soup you can check out their website at http://www.campbellskitchen.com/. You can also keep checking here because you know I will post other ones - Jacob's favorite meal of all time is their Shortcut Stroganoff. 

Until next time,
Karri

Linked to:



5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! This looks SO delicious! We love tacos and taco salad, so I know we will enjoy this. I can't wait to try it. God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks easy and delicious. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Yummy! I just found your blog and I"m so glad I did. Thanks for the post. God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...