Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Project Life - My Way


It's crafting Monday! The day I share what crafting projects I worked on during the week. This serves two purposes - one I get to share my passion with all of you and two it gives me a reason to make crafting a priority. "Sorry honey, I can't disappoint my readers so I need some crafting time." I'm lucky Jim is so supportive! 
Last week I began my first Project Life album. I first learned of Project Life on Pinterest. (Are you starting to see a common theme? I find everything there.) I also have a friend who began her Project Life Album this year and she was sharing her progress with me. If you would like to learn more about Project Life you can check out Becky Higgins website at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/. The idea behind an album is chronicle all 52 weeks in your year. On Becky's website you can find albums, page protectors, and journaling cards to make your album unique. Since one of my goals for 2012 was to watch my spending, buying a new scrapbook and accessories was out of the question. I was lucky to have receive this beautiful photo album from a friend for Christmas.
Since I have many projects set for the year. I knew that trying to stay on track weekly was going to be hard, so I've chosen to focus on highlighting activities monthly. This will still leave a lot of pages which I will use to highlight holidays, birthday parties and vacations. This week I began with my title page and the January pages. Here are the "toys" I used: 


My title page is called Treasures of 2012, I will add three of my favorite pictures at the end of the year and write our 2012 highlights on my "remember card." I used my Close to My Heart Cranberry and Outdoor Denim inks and my Noteworthy, Hodgepodge Alphabet and Precious Alphabet stamps to create these. The paper came from my stash.


For the January title, I used a Cricut cartridge from Elmo's Party, I cut the letters and used them as a resist. I used Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels in Glacier, Frost and Moonlight to make the background, then removed the letters and here you go. My snowflakes were also made with my Cricut using the Wrap it Up cartridge.


At the end of January I will share our top ten highlights for the month and add some pictures and memorabilia from the month. I promise I will share the finished pages in February.


I'm excited to begin chronicling our year in this new way. If you are a digital person you can find 
Project Life albums on Shutterfly. I plan to make an album with my 2011 photos on their site.  
How will you be preserving your 2012 treasure memories? I would love to read about it.
Until next time,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...