Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Treasure of My Life

I feel like it has been forever since I last sat down to write a blog post. In reality it's only been 45 days, 22 hours and 42 minutes. Still, it feels like forever. 

Unforeseen changes in my job as Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator at my parish was the main reason for taking a break from blogging. These rough waters have subsided however a few waves keep pounding against me but I have placed all of my job stress in God's hands and I'm confident that I will view a peaceful horizon soon. 

The one thing I have discovered is that writing is where I find peace and God's love so I have decided that no matter the work load around me I will take time to write, whether it's on my blog or in my journal. So in a nutshell I'm back.

The family and I have enjoyed many treasure memories for the last 45 days. I'd like to share a few of the  highlights. 

Jim and I are going strong. It's amazing we will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary in a few months.  
The high point in our marriage this year is that Jim has taken the role of head chef. He is an amazing cook and since cooking is his stress relief I am happy to hand over the kitchen as his domain. 

Jacob began basketball season at his middle school. This has been a very different experience then his years in CYO. There are cheerleaders now!!!! I have also had the privilage to enjoy several young ladies in the stands a few weeks ago yell "We Love You Jacob!" Oh what it is to be young again. Jim and I are so happy he has adjusted well to his new school and we are excited to see what his high school career will be like. 

Alexa is not my baby anymore. Everyday she amazes us with a new skill, new words and a new incite into her personality. She is "Miss Independent", she needs to dress herself each morning, brush her own teeth, wash her own face etc... Last week Alexa got dressed in her polka dot sweat suit and put her pants on backwards and there was no way we were allowed to fix it. Her pants stayed that way all day.

While I have been away we have enjoyed two fun filled family weekends together. 
First was the SF Giants Fan Festival hosted by KNBR. We love attending and this year was no exception. We enjoyed interviews with the players and a chance to hang out on the field. We are so excited for this upcoming season as our beloved Giants look to defend their World Champions Title.

For my birthday we enjoyed a weekend in Sausalito. The main attraction was the Bay Area Children's Discovery Museum. They were hosting a Chinese New Year Festival. One of Jim's employees performs in a Dragon dance group so we were able to get up close and personal with the dragon. Alexa didn't like that part. We also spent the day shopping and eating, two of my favorite activities. I enjoyed a lovely birthday. 

The cherry on top of my great weekend was I got a new car. Yep no more mini van for me. I'm sporting a Mazda 6 now. 

For the last 45 days I have spent a lot of time in reflection, about my family, my career, myself and my relationship with God. All have proven to be most important to me and now the goal is to achieve balance in all of these areas. I'm happy to say I have been off my depression medication for about a month now and doing well, so it looks like my postpartum depression days are behind me. Those days were dark and gloomy and at time I struggled to see the blessings God was giving me each day, now a new light is shining before me and I'm excited to see where it leads. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you. 

Until next time,
Karri

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! You have been misses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. It's feels wonderful to be back.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from SITs. I have taken a blogging break from time to time, as well. And last year (this year, too), there were big changes in my ministry job as well! Glad to have found you - I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula and welcome. What do you do for the church?

      Delete
  3. Glad to have you back and to hear that you will make time for writing. Congrats on 19th anniversary and I giggled about Jacobs fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back and to hear that you will make time for writing. Congrats on 19th anniversary and I giggled about Jacobs fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen, the fans made me giggle also.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...