Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Smash Book

For my birthday back in February my friends gave me a smash book. It's a beautiful journal in which you "smash" anything and everything you want treasure. My journal sat on my craft desk for months before I started "smashing" my life into it. I was so afraid I would mess it up. It took me a while to realize that there is no way to screw it up so I finally put all my fears aside and began filling it with the Treasures in my life.

My book is not complete but I would like to share some of the pages I have started.

My first page is memories from my childhood with a quote about being on a journey in life. The bottom right photo is of my bedroom wall as a teen. It was covered with pictures from teen magazines. I figured I've been "smashing" since I was a teen, it just was on my wall back then.

I am a huge fan of Somerset Magazines - My favorites are Where Women Create; Somerset Life; Artful Blogging, Art Journaling and Mingle. Each time I get a new issue I cut out pictures from my previous issue and put them in my smash book. This page has pictures of covers from different issues. 

This page is dedicated to me and my hubby. The picture of us was drawn by my brother's friend the year we were engaged.  Finally after 20 years this picture now has a home. I found great quotes on love and marriage  and the page already had a calender in the bottom corner. I put a heart around the 9th. Our wedding anniversary.

My faith page. I add any prayer cards and bible quotes that I collect.


My quotes page. Most of them I have found in my various issues of Somerset Magazines

Everything that makes me happy. This page is all about being happy. I have quotes on happiness and autograph cards from Gretchen Rubin the author of The Happiness Project.


My page is dedicated to my favorite job. That's being a mom. The Superwomen logo came from this years Mother's Day card from Jacob and Alexa. The picture on the top left is my favorite picture of me and my mom the women who taught me all I know about being a mom. I also have a Mary prayer card, she is also my model for motherhood. 

These pages are not done. As I find quotes or pictures I will add them to my journal. I also have several  pages that I have started but are not close to being finished. So far I have a page dedicated to my grandparents, fairies, butterflies, teacups, coffee, tulips and Harry Potter. All my favorite things. As I finish those pages I will be happy to share. 

Until next time,
Karri

Linking to:
Monday:  
Craft-o-MaticA Bowl Full of LemonsSkip to My LouThe Gunny Sack, For Love of CupcakesHow to Nest for Less,  Between Naps on the Porch 

Tuesday:
 Lil LunaSugar Bee CraftsThe Blackberry VineToday's Creative BlogMommy by Day, Crafter by NightNot Just a Housewife, SnapClean and ScentsibleJillify itNatural NestersCrystal & Co

Wednesday:
 Polkadots on ParadeFireflies and Jellybeans, The Trendy TreehouseSomewhat SimpleGinger Snap Crafts

Thursday:
 Delightful OrderSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy SitcomMy Turn (for us)The Shabby Chic CottageThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal Girls 

Friday
It’s a Hodgepodge LifeBlissful and DomesticHomemaker in HeelsChic on a ShoestringCraft Envy

Saturday: 
Tatertots and JelloCraft EnvyWhile He Was NappingSix Sisters Stuff 

Sunday:
 I Heart Naptime, Flamingo ToesBlissful and Domestic







8 comments:

  1. I love my Smashbook and don't work in it nearly as often as I would like to. My craft room is upstairs and I usually work on it late at night, so I have a lap desk and all my supplies in our bedroom and I work on it at night when my hubby is reading in bed.

    I Love the Pink Superman logo with the quote over it. I'm off to Smash - thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have reminded you. I hope you post pictures soon. I would love to see yours.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting one of these... I just need to go get one! Just like Jeanette, my craft room is upstairs and I am always in it at night :)
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather you should pick one up. I used to only see them at Michaels but now Target carries them. The one easy thing about a smash book is the pens are also glue sticks so you can work on it anywhere.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of a Smashbook before. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Maria, if you are on Pinterest do a search of smashbook and you will find lots of great examples.

      Delete
  4. I never knew what a smashbook was, but I think I am a smasher from way back ~ just called it my sketchbook or journal. I'd like to try this one though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea--I'd never heard of this before!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...