Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday #4

--- 1 ---
Got Milk? Jim & I have created a milk monster. Milk seems to be all that Alexa wants right now. She calls it Milka. I don't know where the "a" sound came from but it's really cute having her walk around asking for milka.  She has also been know to open the fridge, grab the gallon of milk and bring it to us so she can have some.
--- 2 ---
On Saturday our parish will be confirming 110 teens. I led rehearsals on Wednesday and Thursday and the teens did an amazing job. One of the great things I get to do in my job is interview each of the teens before the big day. Last night I got to interview one of the teens I was a bit worried about. When I met him on a retreat in October he just seemed so sad. He was in the middle of moving to a new  city to live with his dad and attend to a new school. It just broke my heart to see such sadness in this young man. Last night he looked amazing, he was happy, full of energy and really the complete opposite of how he was when I first met him. God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good!
--- 3 ---
My job has some not so fun points and that is having to say goodbye, now is the time that many of the teens and young adults who have been part of our ministry over the years head off to college. Although I will miss them terribly I am very excited for them to start this new adventure in life. I also know that Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it and I will get to see them again.
--- 4 ---
I've been a bit blog absent this last week for two reason, one my job has been very busy and also because I've been so busy reading other blogs. I have found  some incredible arts and crafts blogs that I'm just spending hours on. Here are my favorites:
Bliss Angels
Artfully Musing
The Artful Maven
Nostalgic Collage
I suggest you visit these sites when you have lots of time on your hands. Their works is so beautiful and inspirational. Many of the blogs I have found have monthly art challenges. I'm hoping to participate in a few  in September.
--- 5 ---
This week I joined a group of ladies reading the Bible in 90 Days hosted by Moms Toolbox. We are on day 5 and I'm already behind 3 days behind. Wish me luck that I can catch up. It's a lot of reading!

--- 6 ---
I got yelled at the other day by a mom who's son is in our Confirmation program. I should have know that no matter what I did this whole year she was going to complain about something. She complained when her son was in my CCD class, she complained when he was in Jr. High Youth Ministry and of course she is complaining again. The hard part is she jumped to the wrong conclusions and then refused to listen to my explanation. I was in tears once we got off the phone. My co-workers were amazing, they could hear my end of the phone conversation and rallied behind me as they tried to calm me down. I love the people I work with, I know that no matter what each of them will always look out for me and support me.
--- 7 ---
This week we lost a very dear friend. My best friend's husband passed away on Wednesday evening. Although he had been sick this was a huge shock for all of us. I still can't comprehend that I won't be hearing anymore of his corny jokes or listening to he and Jim talk about Giants baseball. Please keep his family in your prayers, I would greatly appreciate it.

A week of highs and lows, as it seems every week is. Each high reminds me of God glory and each low brings me even closer to him. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend everyone! 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Until next time,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...