Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebrating May


Several years ago I found the best website called Graceful Bee. I would spend hours on the site finding ideas for scrapbook pages and ways to celebrate with my family. Each month they offered a Memories to Capture printable newsletter full of wonderful information for each month with tons of ideas to celebrate. Sadly the website closed down several years ago. While organizing my scrapbook area I found my old binder full of newsletters from the Graceful Bee site. I was so happy to find it because I had forgotten how many fun and obscure holidays we have each month. I'm also excited that I can now share these days with you.

In the month of May we celebrate:
Mary - our Blessed Mother
National Strawberry Month

Weekly celebrations in May:
1st week of May: Be Kind to Animals Week and Teacher Appreciation Week
May 6- 12: National Nurses Week
May 13-19: National Police Week
May 17-25: International Pickle Week (yes I said pickle)

Daily celebrations in May:
May 1st: May Day and Mother Goose Day
May 2nd: Baby Day and Brothers & Sisters Day
May 5th: Cinco de Mayo
May 6th: Beverage Day and No Diet Day
May 8th: No Socks Day
May 9th: Lost Sock Memorial Day
May 10th: Clean Up Your Room Day
May 13th: Mother's Day
May 14th: Dance Like a Chicken Day
May 16th: Wear Purple for Peace Day
May 18th: No Dirty Dishes Day
May 23rd: Lucky Penny Day
May 25th: Tap Dance Day
May 28th: Memorial Day
May 30th: Water a Flower Day

I hope these fun dates provide you inspiration for some exciting days to treasure with your family.
Enjoy the month of May.

Until next time,
Karri

linking to:
Somewhat Simple
Gluesticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...