Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

18 years and counting

18 years ago today Jim and I were married. It was a dream come true, fairy tale wedding that I still look back at as if the whole day were a dream. It's so hard to believe it's been 18 years, the time has gone by so fast, but I also don't remember a time when Jim and I weren't together. Since we dated for 4 years before we got married Jim and I have really been together for 22 years. Wow!




Boy do we look young. (Sorry for the flash spot on the pictures)  

To celebrate we went out to dinner, just the two of us (date night yeah!), while my Mom and Dad stayed home with Alexa and Jake. We decided on no gifts because we are saving money for a family vacation and really our years together have been the gift. So that's what tonight was all about.
I created for us a memory jar. I found a cute jar in the canning section at Walmart and decorated it with the Stella paper kit by Close to My Heart.


This is a quote from Proverbs that I really like.


In the jar I added two small note pads. Tonight at dinner Jim and I wrote down some of our favorite memories from the last 18 years of marriage. We even added a few from when we were dating. We had so much fun reliving those days. We have had some funny thing's happen to us. Once I had a bird land on my head while we were at Sea World and this wasn't a little bird either it was a big crane with a huge wing span that started flapping his wings when I screamed and tried to get him off. That memory was Jim's. One of the memories I added was the time Jim knocked over an entire doll display at a toy store. I was laughing so hard I had to walk away. Of course we had plenty of memories when we didn't embarrass ourselves. We talked about the night we first met and I've got to give my hubby kudo's he actually remember what I was wearing that night. I didn't even remember what I was wearing. 
We will keep filling our jar as we remember things and of course as we create new memories. We will probably pull out the jar often to remember how young we once were and to share with Jacob and Alexa that we were cool! Once!
Thank you Lord for the treasures of this beautiful sacrament of marriage. Everyday you bless us both with an abundance of love, compassion, humility, understanding and the ability to always forgive each other.  
"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." - Mark 10:9


Until next time,
Karri

linked to
Mommy by Day Crafter by Night
Skip to My Lou
Jillify It
Natural Nesters
Lil' Luna
Flamingo toes
The Blackberry Vine

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Karri and Jim! you are a beautiful bride!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gardenia. It's hard to remember we were so young.

      Delete
  2. what a great idea Kari! The memory jar sounds like a lot of fun!!Better than filling up the swear jar with quarters! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, but I must say making a swear jar could be kind of fun, I wonder where I can find my embellishments, it would be pretty empty for us, but I know a few people that could fill it up quickly.
      Thanks,
      Karri

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...