Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fun Apps for Catholics



My beloved Blackberry has been giving me trouble over the last week. Saturday I finally decided I needed to let it go and upgrade to an android phone.
Why didn't I do this sooner!!!!!!
Check out my new HTC Sensation

So my new phone of course came with the ability to download applications from the android market. I searched "Catholic" and found some great apps I would love to share.

iMissal - 
Brings me the readings of the day; a daily bible verse; an extensive list of Catholic prayers and an RSS feed of Catholic News. 

Catholic Chaplets - 
The only chaplet I had ever prayed before was the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I was excited to find that there are so many other chaplets I can pray. This app gives also you detailed instructions on how to pray each Chaplet along with the prayers.

 
Mother Teresaisms - 
Nothing is better then reading a quote from this extraordinary women. If I want to share the quote I have several options: email, text, twitter and Facebook.


Pope John Paul II Quotes - 
Okay this might be better then a Mother Theresa quote. I love Pope John Paul and with this app I not only get to read some of his quotes but I can also view quotes about him. I even have to option to add my own quote sharing how he has touch my life. 

Surviving Depression - A Catholic Approach 
Not necessarily a fun app but an important one for me. I have read a few books and viewed many websites in order to help me get out of this incredible funk. This is the first that I have found that fits perfectly into my faith. I plan to purchase the book and journal that inspired this app sometime soon.  

I've only had my phone for 4 days which means I probably haven't scratched the surface of apps that are available to me. I'm looking forward to finding more and sharing them with you.

Until next time,
Karri





3 comments:

  1. Karri, those sound wonderful -- all of them. the JPII and Catholic chaplets, and of course Mother Teresaisms I'll have to check out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read "surviving depression". I wrote a review on my blog, http://through-my-is.blogspot.com/2010/07/book-review-surviving-depression.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great apps. I plan to check into them in my phone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...